Today is the best day of my life. Imagine hearing these words come out of your mouth every time someone asks, how are you today? Now, imagine honestly believing what you say.
What would it take to make today the best day of your life? For me it’s very simple. If I woke up this morning with a sound mind, a healthy body, and the knowledge that God is in control then it’s the best day of my life.
Words have Life
Do you have to believe the statement in order for it to be true? The reality is that anything you say, especially if you repeat it enough, will become true because you breathe life into the words you speak. Proverbs 18:21 says death and life are in the power of the tongue, choose one and eat its fruit.
You can speak words that are life affirming and get lifted by them or words that are disparaging and be destroyed. All words take root in your soul and your life bears witness to the fruit that they produce. Today is the best day of my life can be more than a cute catch phrase that you utter, it can be your truth.
7 ways to make today the best day of your life.
- Practice gratitude. Before you go to bed at night write down 3 things that you are grateful for and why. This allows you to end the day on a positive note and set the tone for what your mind will focus on as you fall asleep.
- Give thanks. When you wake up in the morning, before you jump into your daily routine, give thanks for the day ahead and the opportunities it will bring.
- Pray or meditate. Set your positive intentions for the day through prayer or meditation.
- Stay flexible. Create enough margin in your day so that you can adjust your schedule if necessary to reduce stress and handle the unexpected.
- Listen. Spend the day listening to your heart. Where is it directing you? Where do you feel called to make the biggest impact today? It might not be where you think.
- Practice optimism. Focus on having a glass half full mentality. Although you can’t escape the realities of living in this imperfect world you can choose how you decide to experience the world.
- Live out loud. Experience the words, today is the best day of my life, as they come out of your mouth. It might sound a silly at first, but don’t reserve the best day of your life for special events.
Bonus: Smile and watch your face light up when you speak these words of life over yourself. Today is the best day of my life.